Learn about how to get the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023 offered to the international students to study in Korea.
Are you interested in pursuing your further studies in Korea? And want to get a financial aid to support your education in Korea? Then you are on the right track! We have described in detail about the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023. Please take your time to read throughout this page for a complete understanding.
About Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)
Introduction to: Korean Government Scholarship program
Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is a fully funded scholarship, which are open for prospective students to study in South Korea. The Korean Government is providing Korean Scholarships in order to support their candidates, and raise a friendly relation between the citizens of Korea. Online applications are also open for Korean Government Scholarship program 2023.
Basically, Korean Government Scholarship program 2023 are available for the international students to take their chance to learn at universities in South Korea. But the national citizens of Korea are not qualified for this scholarship what’s so ever. These Korean Scholarship are announced to the applicants based on academic criteria, excellence, and financial needs. It is declared by the Government of Korea that, international students coming from around the world are welcome to study in Korea under countless degree program offerings.
To study in Korea, scholarships are of a great help to reduce financial burden. There are plenty of excellent students, who are unable to pursue education due to financial problems and lack of money. Which is why, the Korean Government are offering Korean Government Scholarship program in order to help students to get further education.
Available Courses in Korean Government Scholarship
Recipients of Korean Scholarships are able to apply admission in different majors of Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral degree programmes as well. Students can freely choose to take admission in any Korean university and apply for this scholarship.
Benefits of KGSP
Learning and studying with the help of KGSP scholarships, is a great way to fund your studies in South Korea. Furthermore, they are full scholarships, and provide a lot of financial support and benefits to the students.
We have mentioned the list of benefits and coverage rate of Korean Government Scholarship program 2023 as follow:-
- 5,000,000 KRW Tuition fee coverage (per semester)
- 240,000 KRW Research Expenses (per semester)
- 500,000 to 800,000 KRW thesis grants
- 20,000 KRW Monthly Stipend for living expenses
- 200,000 KRW Transfer Accommodation allowance
- 20,000 KRW Medical Health Insurance
- 800,000 KRW Language Course (every 3 months)
- Award for Korean Language Proficiency
- Award for degree completion 100,000 KRW
- Travel Expenses
How to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2023?
As I have said before, international students can also apply for Korean Government Scholarship program through online applications.
Significantly, the applicant should plan their application before the deadline of the scholarship application proposal. The steps to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship program 2023 are as follow:-
Steps to apply:
- If you are a new applicant, then first you have to apply for an admission at any particular Korean university for any relevant degree program.
- The Korean Embassy will be called by NIIED to recommend prospective students.
- Then apply for the scholarship.
- Fill in the application form that contains an applicant’s personal, academic, and/or financial information.
- Submit all the documents, suggested by the Korean University in which you have enrolled into.
- Finally, after submitting all the required documents and application, the NIIED will assess the files and notify about them to the enrolled university.
- Soon, you will get the notification about the final results.
- Good Luck!
Documents needed for KGSP
To apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023, you must submit all the documents suggested by the Korea University or College. Accordingly, the documents needed are as follow:-
- Completed Application Form
- Motivational Letter (for Bachelor’s)
- Statement of Purpose (for Master’s or Doctorate)
- Prior Highest Degree
- All Academic Transcripts
- Study Plan
- Research Proposal (for Doctorate)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Acceptance Letter (optional)
- And other required documents
In addition to the more documents, they will be recommended by the Korean university you will enrol into. Finally, after completing all the documents mentioned above, gather them up properly and then submit them before the deadline of submission date.
Requirements needed for KGSP
Accordingly, it is very important to be eligible to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP). In order to be eligible, the eligibility requirements needed to be full filled are mentioned below:-
- Minimum CGPA of 80%
- Obtained excellent academic records
- Non-residential students
- Not a citizen of Korea
- Must have completed elementary, middle, & high school
- Applying for the first time at any institution in Korea
- Applicant must be healthy both physically and mentally
- Applicant must be no more than 25 years age for undergraduate
- Applicant must be no more than 40 years age for Graduate
- English/Korean language
If you have obtained all the eligible requirements, then you are capable enough to apply for Korean Government Scholarship program.
English Language Requirements
To study in any of the Korea institution, it is optional to prove your English language ability. In other words, IELTS tests are not required for Korean Government scholarship Program 2023. Which is why, it’s a good thing that student will not have to worry about their English language proficiency test. As long as you have achieved degree in English language.
Opening & Deadline of Korean Government Scholarship Program 2022-2023
Good News dear students! The application for Korean Government Scholarship program are now OPEN since September 13th, 2022.
The deadline of Korean Government Scholarship program 2022-2023 is on October 7th, 2022. Hence, all the interested students should start planning their application for the scholarship before the deadline date surpasses.