Students Visa For China (X) 2022-2023

The China’s Student Visa 2022-2023, known as the X visa, is issued for those people who come to china for learning and studies.

There are two types of X visas for the foreign students, which are X1 and X2 visas. China has created these visas especially for the foreign students coming to china for studies.

The following information provides the duration of these Visas:-

  X1 VISA: For long-term study (Ranging more than 180 days).
X2 VISA: for short-term study (Ranging less or equal to 180 days).  

The validity of these visas is about 90 days from the date of issue, which is needed to be determined after the applicant enters in china.

Talking about the types of X Visas, X1 visa is made for those students who have applied for a longer stay in china, which provides the applicant to stay for more than 180 days. On the other hand, we have X2 visa for such students who have applied for short stay in china, providing less or equal to 180 days of stay.

Visit more for HBKU Scholarships

Requirements and Documents:

The requirements and documents that you’ll need to apply for the china student visa are detailed below;

  1. Passport
  2. Applicant’s original passport.
  3. Must be valid to at least six months with at least one blank page.
  4. Application form
  5. Accurately completed China Student Visa Application Form.
  6.  Recent Passport Photo
  7. Submit one recent passport photo with a proper clear full face (front view) against a white background.
  8.  Admission Notice
  9. Original and a copy of Admission Notice from the Chinese University or School (in which you have applied for study).
  10. JW201 / JW202 Form (for X1 applicants only)
  11. Original and a copy of approved Foreign Student Visa application form of JW201 or JW202.

What is JW201 / JW202?

      The JW201 or JW202 is a form that is obtained from the School or University you are to enrol at. JW201 form is issued to international students (foreigner) dispatched by the government of China scholarships, While JW202 form is issued for self-sponsored foreign students.

How to Apply for China (X) Visa:

  • You’ll have to submit the application to the consular office of the Chinese embassies, consulates, or China Visa Application Centres (CVASC) in person. If you’re not able to visit there in person, you can entrust someone else (e.g. friends, relatives, a travel agency or a visa agency) to act on your behalf.
  • Mailed / Emailed applications are rejected by the most embassies and consulates. But if you are required to submit the application, then there shouldn’t be any problem.
  • Appointment is not actually required by most embassies and consulates in China. But if you are required of it, then you may need to make an online appointment via their website.

Processing Time:

The regular process may take time up to 4 days of working. If you want to collect your Visa earlier or you’re in a rush of needing it, the Express Service and Rush service are available to speed up the process.

Filling you up with more details, the services that may help in speeding up the process are detailed as

  • Express Service: 2-3 days.  (Extra US$ 20 charges will be required).
  • Rush Service: 1 day.  (Extra US$ 30 charges will be required).

China Student Visa Fees:

The fee for the X visa is just as same as the fee for the other types of Chinese visa. Since X1 visa has only one entry and seldom do Chinese embassies and consulates issue multiple-entry for X2 visas.

Below, we list single –entry and double-entry X visa fees for reference.

(To stay updated, keep checking official website for latest fee)

Country1 Entry2 Entries
Australia AUD 109.5AUD 139.5
BrazilBRL 460BRL 460
Canada CAD 142CAD 142
France EUR 126 EUR 126
Germany EUR 125.45EUR 125.45
India INR 5,552INR 7,502
IrelandEUR 40EUR 60
Italy EUR 127.1EUR 127.1
Japan JPY 8,000JPY 10,000
Netherlands EUR 126.55EUR 126.55
New ZealandNZD 140NZD 210
MexicoMXN 730MXN 1,090
PolandPLN 220PLN 220
RussiaSUR 3,300SUR 6,600
Singapore SGD 85SGD 95
SpainEUR 126.55EUR 126.55
United Kingdom GBP 151GBP 151
United States of AmericaUSD 140USD 140 

Also Note that:

The fees listed here are for those candidates who apply in their own country rather than applying in a third country. Some people might need to apply through the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) with tax included. In different countries, having different tax variation, some slight changes might take place in the China Visa Fees.

Details about X1 Visa Holders:

X1 visa holders (staying in china for more than 6 months) shall apply for a Temporary Residence Permit. The temporary residence permit can be issued providing the validity of staying there up to 5 years. Students who want to pursue for graduation, under-graduation, and post-graduation should apply for this Visa. See Requirements and documents for the requirements you’ll need as an X1 Visa Holder.

Details about X2 Visa Holders:

X2 visa holders (staying for less than 6 months) can stay in China within the duration period. It is not entirely necessary for them to apply for the temporary residence permit. In case you need to extend your duration of staying in china with the X2 visa,you’ll need to visit the local Exit and Entry Administration to handle this affair within 30 days before the expiry date of Visa.

Applying for Jobs on X visa is not Allowed!

X China Visas are only for Foreign Students, coming to china for studies. Remember that you won’t be able to apply for a job or work there on this visa. Part-time work and internship off the campus may be authorized. You should contact your university employer after you have settled there in China.

Working on a job as a foreigner student is not allowed and it will be considered violation of Chinese regulations. They shall be taken as unlawful employment and will probably have to stop doing the job or may get expelled!